28 September 2008

Pappu can't dance... who cares?

There's this song that's been bugging me for a while. It goes 'Pappu can't dance saala.' There are a few things that bug me about the song. One is that I can't get into it at all and everyone else seems to love it. The second thing is that the lyrics... well it's nonsense. Somebody who had nothing to write about came up with the song. Kinda like my blog posts of late... trying desperately to write something good and failing... so I recognise the type. The third thing is that basically if you add a gratuitous 'saala' to the end of your lyrics you'll get a popular song.

Now I've liked songs without lyrics... 'pump up the jam' is a notable one... so I don't know why this song bugs me particularly. Maybe because it's about Salman Khan. Something about Salman Khan has always bugged me. The chest-baring is a big part of it... "I can't act, but here's my chest." Actually it's a lot like the 'saala' thing... add some nonsense to a song or act so that everyone focuses on the nonsense and ignores everything else.

4 comments:

Shalini said...

I know. the song is terrible. I can't understand why it's so popular either. But it is not about salman Khan- no Salman in said movie. Aamir's nephew though is there and Naseeruddin Shah has an adorable cameo as a portrait which comes alive in moments.

Mosilager said...

thanks for reading, shalini! well there was this rumour that it's a spoof of salman khan (see this.

Rohini said...

Well, I kind of like the song... *runs away before she can be ridiculed*

Mosilager said...

rohini I just can't figure out why I dislike the song and everyone else likes it. Maybe I'm getting old.