24 August 2008

Birthday 2008

There's a tradition on this blog that every year on my birthday I post a silly picture of myself to remind people that I'm only getting younger. (For those just catching up, here's Birthday 2006 and Birthday 2007).

This photo was taken by Imei - who blogs at BooBoo, Ginga and the world of dogs and at Imei lounge... and just about sums up what I try to do on this blog.


OK... since the public humiliation is out of the way, I remembered that I had a tag that I never got around to doing... from way back in Feb (thanks Freespirit).

Rules of the tag are:

Post 5 links to 5 of your previously written posts. The posts have to relate to the 5 key words given (family, friend, yourself, your love, anything you like). Tag 5 other friends to do this meme. Try to tag at least 2 new acquaintances (if not, your current blog buddies will do) so that you get to know them each a little bit better.
I'm going to ignore the part about tagging other people. If this post moves you, then consider yourself tagged. Actually maybe I should start a tag that people should post a silly picture of themselves on their birthday.

Family:
I try to keep my human family off the blog for security reasons - naah just kidding - I'm too lazy (and too cheap) to call them up and ask for permission individually... but I assume that the doggie family is cool with that. They know more than I do, for sure. So here's a post of the first Dog Conference arranged in Lafayette. There's some sad news, Rudy's passed away due to heart failure and Sophie has passed away due to cancer (they are No. 7 and No. 8 on that blog post).

Friend:
Here I have a blog post about Lova aka Mr Lova Lova the Malagasy dwarf hippo. Don't worry, there's no weeping or crying when you read the post. It's just about a trip to Chicago to watch Russell Peters and how Lova got on TV.

Myself:
Well... you can access me through my writing and through my photos. I'm on everywhere as mosilager. Right now the photography side of my brain is more active than the 'fun' writing side of the brain so check out my best photo stuff at Lensaholic and that and everything else on mosilager@flickr.

Love:
Aaaah yes... love love love. I'll make a confession, I 've watched Love, actually about 50 times. It's a great movie. It doesn't make me any less of a man (at least that's what all the girls say to my face). Man... and I thought the public humiliation on my birthday theme ended with the silly photo. Here's my other ramblings on how to find the perfect woman, and the marriage profile that actually brought the perfect woman to me :)

Anything I like:
I do have some off-the-wall stuff that I like. I like this post about how different authors would have written Harry Potter. I also like this post about surviving the trip to meet family after getting a job for the first time. And here's what you have to know when living with two dogs. All hopes of one teaching the other good manners will fly out of the window.

Consider yourself tagged if you feel like going on a journey to discover your old posts... and have a long island iced tea on me.

6 comments:

lova said...

Yeah !!!! Happy birthday Ranjit ! GB will weigh in soon on while watching the olympics closing ceremony ( tape delayed here ). Hope you are having a blast. And that photo.....dude.... :)

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

Happy Birthday!

Angry African said...

Hum, was that the Mosi talking in the photo? I know it does that to me. So, when are you sending over some Mosi? I am starting to question your commitment to Mosi. It didn't make the number one list on your tagged list? At least should have been - Love of my life?

Mosilager said...

lova - thanks! I loved the GB post. Hahahaha I love humiliating myself on my birthday.

TGFI - hey nice seeing you back here, thanks so much

AA - That's what I do when I'm sober. So you probably don't want to see me after a few Mosi's. Probably will be bouncing off the walls. If you come down to Lusaka, I'll buy you a Mosi... the draught version. Well I figured since my handle is Mosi... my phone number is mosi... my license plate might soon be Mosi... dammit do I have to join Zambia Breweries to prove the extent of my love to Mosi?

Anali said...

Belated Happy Birthday Dr.! My birthday is actually coming up on Thursday. I'm not going to take a silly photo of me and post, because I already posted one. : )

Here's a link to it if you want to see it. http://analisfirstamendment.
blogspot.com/2008/01/got-rice-milk.html

Mosilager said...

Hey Anali... the silly photo is once a year so nothing to stop you from doing it again. Birthday's are the best time to remember how young we really are.

And that's a hilarious photo! You gotta do this next year too.