27 May 2007

Neo wears Denim

I have mixed Neo, Denim and K2 templates for the new Blogger to come up with some kind of Frankenstein template that I call Neo wears Denim. For those who haven't heard about Neo, it is a template designed by Ramani of Hackosphere to speed up blogsites. Normally when you click on a post / archive page / what have you on a blog, the entire blog reloads. Ramani changed this so that when you click on a post title only the post reloads, thus speeding up the blog considerably.

He designed a great looking template, and I have taken the liberty of redoing my favourite template to incorporate the speed advantages of Neo.
Here is a screenshot:


Here's how to get my version of the template:
1. There are 2 versions of the template, one with the sidebar on the left, the second with the sidebar on the right (Click on each for working demo).
2. The "Neo wears denim" template with left sidebar is available here for download.
3. The "Neo wears denim" template with right sidebar is available here for download.
3. Before changing your blog template, please read the instructions posted by Ramani otherwise you may lose all your customised stuff like widgets and so on.
4. Please remember to backup your original template just in case things go wrong. Happy skinning. Let me know if something doesn't work right and I can try to fix it.

13 comments:

Rohini said...

Dr. Mosi? Got your PhD did ya?

Mosilager said...

Yes, finally! Hey, don't sound so surprised :D

Rohini said...

Congratulations! And no, I am not surprised...

Amrita said...

Me likes the new template...esp the header image!

Mosilager said...

rohini ok... thanks! and if you know anyone who needs a brilliant virologist - I have at least one name I would like to nominate :D

amrita hey thanks... so now it's 3:2 as far as people who like vs. dislike. Maybe I should make a few headers and run an official poll.

Twisted DNA said...

Congratulations Dr. Mosi.

I like the template. I like simple templates because it puts emphasis on the content rather than the presentation!

Mosilager said...

TD Cool, thank you very much. Hope people will enjoy the denim / neo / k2 template.

video said...

Nice job! So when's the "get lost" party?

Mosilager said...

Thanks... well after AG gets back from desh.

Vinay said...

Hi Mosilager, I tried to install neo denim in one of my blogs http://fullnfree.blogspot.com but Recent posts field isn't showing any posts even when blog is opened as well, posts labelled... isn't showing any posts. Please help. I really have liked this template so much, I don't want to go elsewhere.
Thanks.

mosilager said...

hi vinay i have emailed you.

Arvi said...

Thank you so much - this is excellent!

Beben said...

yes i do...
thanks for you kindness Mr.Ranjit Warrier ^_^