04 May 2007

How to propose to a scientist

The other day I had occasion to think about how one would go about proposing to a scientist. This is what I came up with.

Dear PZV [use initials]

I have completed part of my life cycle but feel empty due to the lack of a genome. I have interacted with many others, but my affinity towards them was low. When I interacted with you I recognised you specifically as being perfect for me. Please come through the portal and take up your residence inside my capsid. I promise to keep you safe from threats such as antibodies and complement. I can offer you the world, we can interact with multiple hosts in Asia, Africa, Europe, or anywhere there are any living things. If you love extreme sports, we can hang out in hot sulphur vents, under the Antarctic ice sheets, or deep in the ocean. If you love risk and are selfless, we can always be in lab, sacrificing our lives for the good of humanity. I don't mind where it is, as being with you completes my life cycle. Let us get together and assemble progeny.

Yours always

ABV


There are no guarantees for this working, so don't blame me if your would-be fiancee throws the ring back and runs away for dear life. Of course the sure fire way to get a scientist would be to promise funding their pet projects with grants for the rest of their lives :) Then I guarantee she will never leave.

12 comments:

Amrita said...

I've been trying to think of something witty to respond :P
For now - let's settle for that was hilarious!! :)

Anonymous said...

Ode to the (scientist) Dude

Lets bond Covalent
crystallise our joy under the Antarctic ice sheets
sublime our fears in
hot sulphur vents
solubilise our sorrows and distil out the demons in the lab
combust passion deep in the ocean

Chem gal
P.S. U asked for it

video said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!
"we can interact with multiple hosts"

Uhm... lotsa double meanings there... u rn't advocating polygamy by any chance are you???

Mosilager said...

amrita thanks for commenting!

Chem gal :D hilarious - hope to see you in the comments more often now that you have finally broken your silence.

video I like how you think. My views on polygamy are well known here. Basically polygamy should be allowed as long as polyandry is.

Siddhu said...

I was about to say, NO WAY!

Till I saw the last time. Goddammit, I wanna girl on the EPSRC!!!! ;)

Mosilager said...

sid whaaaaa.... ?

lova said...

awesome :).
Chem girl, you got me at "hot sulphur vents".
Now "I won't let you get rid of me"

:D

Isha said...

rofl .. thank god i m going to get paid well when i graduate aye.. to fund 'his' pet projects.. :P

Mosilager said...

you have a bright future ahead of you then as a wife of a house-husband. lucky husband.

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

LOL!! assemble progeny!! :-))

Mosilager said...

tgfi - thanks

pareshv22 said...

... LOL

of all ... my cliental epitopes that would be tagged with your cocktail of monoclonal
antibodies, which would mark us precisely on any percentage of GEL :D.
I pronmise to keep my love on selfrenewal path, with engraftment potentiality and high titer for CFC. Not to mention low differentiation towards any other gal ;)! And will fill you with all extrinsic cues of the environment, tho keep you safe in my intrinsic niche ! ...

appreciated to CORE !

have fun !