11 October 2006

Voting of the best player in the last 50 years

Those of you who follow African football might want to vote for the best African footballer in the last 50 years. Of course my vote went to Kalusha Bwalya of Zambia aka Great Kalu. He honoured the memory of his 30 fallen colleagues in the Gabon air disaster and took Zambia to the finals of the Africa Cup in 1994 with essentially the Zambia B-team. It was only through the efforts of a certain biased referee that we did not make it to the World Cup in 1994 - Jean-Fidel Diramba - the name that will live on in infamy in Zambia. Anyway, pick your selection from the list of all time greats and email it to caf50@cafonline.com before 15 November 2006. They also accept suggestions if the name is not on the list.

6 comments:

lova said...

cool Mosi, I like the list and I probably will have to go with Roger Milla although Kalu is much deserving.
I will protest the absence of Malagasy players in that list by holding my breath for 30 sec..... And done...I am sure that helped.

Mosilager said...

Well you can always vote for any player whom you want, they said they don't mind user suggestions. Roger Milla is definitely the one who represents Africa best in that list I think. But I'll always have an emotional link to Great Kalu because of all that he's done for Z football so I cannot nominate anyone else.

lova said...

I was thinking that in 10 years, the best footballer of all time in the US could be a Ghanean (Adu) :). They really need to crack down on this immigration thing.

Mosilager said...

so the USA will have a half-Kenyan president (Obama) and the best football player will be Ghanaian... Oh I forgot, Cesar Millan will be the vice-president (ex-Mexico) and the leader of the opposition will be Schwarzenneger (Austria). That will be pretty fun!

Amrita said...

Alrite...time for a new post :P

Mosilager said...

ok, done, but it's not good, all I can think about is thesis, and my well-wishers have banned me from blogging until I turn in the thesis :(