24 August 2006

Birthday

So, my roommate aka long lost twin Lova had a little birthday celebration at his blog for me where he asked people to wish me in different languages on my first post on this blog. So, I think he owes me a bottle of Lafayette's finest Scotch by now... as we have doggish, french, la reunion creole, tamil, malagasy and english greetings. Oh wait, need one more language... so close... anyway I promised to post a picture of me at Halloween dressed up like Samuel L. Jackson from Pulp Fiction so here it is:



Maybe if I wasn't smiling so much and I had a gun in the hand would have been a dead ringer for him...

Anyways a my friends turned up at midnight (Ginga and BooBoo's aunties who had been making a wonderful chocolate cake for 2.5 hours and Superman, Lova, doggies) and the rest sent their apologies for being busy with stomach bugs and Ph.D. defences so it was all good. Although they missed the wonderful cake and presents. My family was there over the phone, so had an all-round good time. Now that I'm physically on the cusp (29) I think I can mentally advance to be about 15 years old. Yay!

delicious food

presents

Good stuff! Now if only I could finish the thesis as fast as I can get through these! Thank you very much!

14 comments:

freespirit said...

Hey there! Happy B'day! As per requirement have posted my b'day wishes in 2 different languages that I am quite certain you are not familiar with, on your first post!

Have a fabulous day and enjoy that fine Scotch!

vinoy-appu said...

hey! janamadinashamsakal :) (did u get it in malayalam?)...i guess it doesnt matter since u got the scotch rite?
all the best and have a great year!

lova said...

and 6 languages ! So how do you like your scotch , Jules ? :). "Hamburgers! The cornerstone of any nutritious breakfast." (Jules quote from P. fiction)

Mosilager said...

freespirit - hey thanks a lot that puts us over the 6 languages required for the scotch. I'll accept that in lieu of the mithai.

appu - nanni appu, didn't get your pics from roopesh's kalyaaNam... nope didn't get the scotch yet but should have a good time over the weekend...

lova - like every good mallu I like good Scotch... I think the communist mallus probably like vodka as well so Johnny or Smirnoff? btw what do they call a quarter pounder with cheese in france?

Amrita said...

Hey HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! :-) *throws confetti on Mosilager*

Have posted 3 other languages in your first post :) Have a super awesome year ahead.

lova said...

"cheese royal",I believe it is. correctamundo ? ;)

Rajesh Warrier said...

@ Mosilager - Happy Budday !!

For a change carry the "Bad Mo**** F****r" wallet with you today or get one soon and carry it for a week ;-)

Posted in 2 langs out there ...

Mosilager said...

amrita - hey thanks a lot for the wishes! I'm gonna have a lot of fun with the Rome dvd.

lova - royale with cheese... so close...

rajesh - thanks man... i've seen that bad motherfucker wallet online but haven't got it yet :) that would be the decoy wallet for the pickpockets right?

video said...

You look more like a Ronald Mcdonald with black hair :-D

Mosilager said...

great and there I was trying to look all tough and manly.

Rose said...

Best Wishes in ur 15th birthday...

~grin~

;)

..Me

Mosilager said...

Thanks Rose! now everyone on the internet knows i'm mentally 15 (or 13 as some of my friends here were telling me yesterday).

Sheetal said...

happy (belated) birthday!

"minamnandi kuwe" = happy birthday in Xhosa! (for those who don't know..one of South Africa's official languages)

by the way...I'm lovin' the afro ;)

Mosilager said...

Nkosi, Sheetal, can you actually speek !hosa?

I tried to be true to character and didn't shave for a few days too... too bad the smile gave it away.