06 June 2006

Sport is important

The world cup is almost here! Unfortunately neither India nor Zambia are in it so my support goes to Angola, followed by the other African teams, followed by Brazil if all of them crash out. My roommate's sister claims that football is stupid but it is a well documented fact that it has prevented several wars over the years. In fact, in Cote d'Ivoire the warring parties agreed to a cease-fire while the world cup goes on. Well that's a bit silly if you ask me, what were they fighting for in the first place? Probably a lack of enough football ha ha ha.


4 comments:

lova said...

hey I want to know more about India being invited to the World Cup by Brazil and forfeiting because they were not allowed to play barefoot. Surely that was Mosi's own urban legend wasn't it?

Vinoy said...

well..i have heard the story about India forfeiting its world cup chance due to their 'barefootedness'. Not an urban legend me thinks..

Mosilager said...

it's not just an urban legend started by me... click here for wiki's take on it.

Rajesh Warrier said...

@ Mosilager - Of course Football is Stoopid. I love Soccer ;).