25 January 2006

Vanilla Ice, where's my T-shirt?

Lova and I saw a guy wearing a T-shirt that said "If there was a problem, yo, I'll solve it, check out the hook while my dj revolves it." Now if you can remember that line, then you are a child of the 90's as we both are. For the uninitiated, it comes from Vanilla Ice's Ice Ice Baby that stayed for 16 weeks at number 1, or so we heard, way back when. I didn't think anyone still admitted to actually listening to that song unless they were drunk enough not to remember. Anyway we concluded that in order to wear that t-shirt you have to be either be very confident or a big fan of Vanilla Ice, which is fine, but 'Cool as Ice' won't make it to any awards any time soon. OK I liked the song when it came out, but how do you rip off Queen without due credit? Well Queen got their revenge when an Indian dude called Baba Sehgal ripped off Ice Ice Baby and called it the equivalent of 'cold cold water'. (ठण्डा ठण्डा पानी). Did I mention that Freddie Mercury was originally Indian? That woke me up when I heard it. Now I continue to have hopes of being the first person to win both the Grammy and a Nobel (hopefully for peace). Nah, Bono will beat me to it I'm sure.

In other news, I found out that Vanilla Ice went to the university that I did my B.S. in ... ha ha ha... B.S. More of the Same, just Piled Higher and Deeper ha ha ha... almost to the end of that one now and I can categorically say that it's true. Anyway Iceman himself attended Louisiana Tech University at some point. Purdue (my current) has Neil Armstrong and Louisiana Tech has Vanilla Ice. I consider that a promotion... now where's my T-shirt?

1 comment:

Mansoora said...

hey..is it just me or is there a hand hanging off of the guitar towards the right? funny :P